Decorative Profile With A Pronounced, Visible Surface
JECA DR is a decorative profile for walls, wainscotings, and tile bases. The profile produces a pronounced visible surface that establishes a clean line along tile edges and allows for decorative design.
New! Now available in 10’ (3.05 m) lengths
Prevents tile edges from chipping
Incorporate as a decorative profile within wall surfaces
Features an integrated joint spacer that creates a defined joint cavity between the tile and profile
90° outside corner pieces available
Available in various finishes of Stainless steel
JECA DR decorative is 304 stainless steel, decorative profile for wall and skirting edges, protects the surface covering from mechanical or impact stresses. The profile features a trapezoid perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and a pronounced visible surface that establishes a clean line along tile edges and allows for decorative design.
JECA DR decorative can also be used as a finishing profile within wall surfaces; for example, where other covering materials such as plaster, wallpaper, or tiles are to be joined.
1. JECA DR decorative can be used with tiles 1/4" - 1/2" (6 -12.5 mm).
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed. If the JECA DR decorative profile is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles. Note: JECA DR decorative is intended to be higher than the tiled surface.
6. Set the tile, leaving a space for grout of approximately 1/16" – 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately.
JECA DR Decorative profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles using common household cleaning agents.
In the case of stainless steel, do not use abrasive cleaning agents.